Show and Tell Letter L Activity for Kids
Kids in higher classes know about this activity as they must have played it a few times while younger.
Show and tell is a common activity in elementary schools, where students are given the opportunity to bring in an item from home and talk about it to their classmates. What makes this game all the more fun is the excitement these kids show as they search for and prepare their item to be taken to school.
My daughter gets pretty excited, selecting which of the several items she would be presenting for her show and tell activity. For her show and tell letter l activity, she stayed up an hour later than her usual bedtime trying to get everything readied for the next day.
As a parents, you can’t help but also get caught up in all the planning and preparations. I know I have happily released a few of my possessions so she could have a variety of show and tell items to present at school
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for more info.
The Importance of the Show and Tell Letter L Game
This show and tell letter l activity and all other show and tell games comes strongly recommended for the following reasons:
- It is often used as a way to encourage students to practice and hone their public speaking skills. Since kids are to go to the front of the classroom to present their items to the entire class, this helps with the act of public speaking at a tender age; helping those with extreme shyness gradually overcome this.
- They get to learn about their peers as they also present their items and describe what they know about aId items.
- Show and tell is also important as it helps them learn about the world around them since they can spend some time preparing for their presentations once they choose their object of choice. They can think about what they want to say about their objects, and practice explaining why they chose them and what makes them special. This will help the students to feel more confident and comfortable when it’s time for their presentations.
Possible Objects to Present in the Show and Tell Letter L Activity
The letter “L” is a common choice for show and tell, as there are many items that start with this letter.
One possible item for show and tell with the letter “L” is a locket. This could be theirs or anyone else’s which is loaned to the kid for this activity. Students can talk about anything, from the history of lockets and how they have been used throughout the ages to store cherished memories. They can also share the story of their own locket, what is inside it, and why it’s so important to them.
Another option for show and tell with the letter “L” is a lamp. Lamps come in many different shapes, sizes, and styles, and can be used to provide light and warmth in a room. Students can talk about the different types of lamps and how they work, as well as the history of lamps and how they have evolved over time. They can also share the story of their own lamp and why it is special to them.
A third option for show and tell with the letter “L” is a lemon. Lemons are a great option for show and tell and kids can talk about the many aspects of it, from its sour taste to its refreshing aroma, and the many uses for lemons, such as in cooking, cleaning and making lemonade. They can also share interesting facts about lemons, such as their health benefits as well as where and how they grow.
Other potential items for show and tell with the letter “L” include a photo album, a Lego set, a lantern, a laptop, a letter, a leather jacket, a lily, and a lobster. Each of these items provides an opportunity for these kids to learn about something new and to share their own experiences and knowledge with their classmates.
40 Show and Tell Letter L Ideas for Your Kids
Yet further possible objects to bring in for a Show and Tell activity on the letter “l” include
- Letter puzzle
- Lip gloss
- Living room
- Laundry basket
These are just a few examples of the many different objects that students could bring in for a Show and Tell Letter L activity.
Other ways to come up with ideas for the show and tell letter l learning activity include:
- Go through your child’s toys with them to find ones starting with the letter l.
- Check through their books.
- Check the pantry for foods or drinkings beginning with the letter l.
- List out names of friends or family that begin with the letter l. Some good ones include Liza, Lisa, Loretta, Landon, Lenox, Lucy, Lola, Laila, Leah, Luna, and Lauren.
- Pick out items of clothing that start with the letter l like light blue, and lilac
When it’s time for the Show and Tell activity, each student can take turns coming up to the front of the class and talking about their object. They can show their object to the class, and explain why they chose it and what makes it special. The other students can listen and ask questions, and everyone can learn more about the different objects that start with the letter “l.”