Low breast milk supply is a common breastfeeding problem, luckily, you can correct this using a breast pump. Here are five best breast pumps for low milk supply to choose from.
Choosing to use a breast pump if you are experiencing a low breastmilk supply is one of the best decisions you can make as a nursing mom.
For mom, this will ensure that you continue to have breastmilk available to meet your baby’s food needs. There’s also the fact that the more you pump, the more your milk supply increases since breastmilk production works on the principle of demand and supply.
Now that you have decided to get a breast pump, the next hurdle will be choosing a breast pump that’s just right for you.
There are a ton of breast pumps out there and you want to get it right on your first try, especially if you are on a budget.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for more info.
Table of Contents
What to Consider When Choosing a Breast Pump
To each his own, however, certain factors will influence the breast pump you finally settle for. Here are some of the more common ones:
If you are on a budget, you most likely would want a breast pump that’s pocket-friendly, but still gets the job done perfectly.
There are quite a few options to choose from and with this criterion settled, you would likely want to tick others on your list before finally making a choice.
Depending on where you’d be expressing, you also want to factor in portability as well.
You should consider this option if you will be expressing a lot while at work or if you will be on the move quite often with your baby in tow.
You want a breast pump that is efficient and can get the job of pumping down in record time.
In this case, electric breast pumps fit this bill and are a much better option than the manual or battery-powered breast pumps.
Since electric breast pumps enable you to pump from both breasts at the same time, you’ll find you are spending a lot less time expressing.
Electric breast pumps are also stronger with more pumping power, which means you would be getting double the amount of milk in half the time.
You also want a breast pump that wouldn’t pose that much of a problem when washing or sterilizing.
A few pumps also fit this bill and you want to know what these are so you make a better, informed choice.
Ease of Use
Your breast pump of choice should also be easy to operate, even if you have never watched one being operated, not one that would require a two-hour course to bet the hang of how it works.
A breast pump should also be worth its money in time. A good breast pump should last a year on average or at the very least, over a hundred hours, depending on how frequently you use it, after which you might need to replace its motor or any other parts.
Different Fit Options
You also want a breast pump that comes with a few different fit options. You should have the option of picking a size that would be ideal for your nipple size.
Using a pump with a small covering could produce too much friction and squeeze at your nipples, causing pain.
5 Best Breast Pumps for Low Milk Supply
1) Medela Breast Pump | Swing Maxi Double Electric | Portable Breast Pump | USB-C Rechargeable | Bluetooth | Closed System
The Medele Breast Pump Swing Maxi Double Electric is portable, but with enough pump power and suction to get the breastmilk flowing.
It is quite easy to set up, with a carry case that makes it easy to carry about on your person.
- The Medela Breast Pump Swing Maxi Double Electric has an ease of use, even for a beginner. Having fewer parts also makes it easy to clean after use.
- It is portable with an in-built rechargeable battery that lets you pump for up to 1.5 hours or at least six sessions.
- It expresses 18% more milk than the regular breast pump, using a 2-phase expression technology that stimulates a baby’s natural sucking pattern.
- The shield molds perfectly to your breast, giving you a great fit and maximum comfort.
- It has a 6-monthly payment plan that makes acquiring this pump a lot more convenient for you.
- The Medele Breast Pump Swing Maxi Double Electric is quite pricey at $237.04 if needing to buy it immediately.
Lansinoh Smartpump 2.0 Double Electric Breast Pump for Breastfeeding Moms
The Lansinoh Smartpump2.0 Double Electric Breast Pump is another great option for nursing moms. It ticks good on most of the qualities a good breast pump should have, especially
- The dual option of electricity and battery power makes it easy to pump wherever you are.
- Its compact size also makes it portable, especially for moms returning to work who would love to pump whole at work.
- Being able to pump from both sides at once also gives you speed.
- Lansinoh Smartpump2.0 Double Electric Breast Pump for Breastfeeding Moms.
- It comes with a strong suction three pumping styles that mimic a baby’s natural sucking, making it a lot more efficient.
- The fact it can connect with the app on your phone makes it easy for you to remember when last you pumped.
- It is quiet and comes with a long cord, making it easy for you to still get other stuff done while you pump.
- The flanges are soft and comfortable around your breasts.
- It works with breastmilk the Lansinoh storage bags, cooler bag, and a few Lansinoh baby bottles for a more consistent, worthwhile experience.
A few moms report experiencing issues with the suction as it didn’t work.
Bellababy Double Electric Breast Feeding Pumps with Pain-Free Strong Suction
The Bellababy Double Electric Breast Feeding Pump is yet another great breast pump option for moms with a low breastmilk supply.
Like most breast pumps before it, this pump is small and portable, fitting quite easily into your bag.
- This pump might be small, but it does have a very strong suction power for getting the job done.
The multiple levels of suction (up to nine) massage and stimulate the breasts before pumping.
- You get two packs of milk bag adapters along with the pump.
- it possesses a high-definition screen displaying the working mode, suction level, and battery status.
- Long-lasting battery life.
- One of the most affordable breast pumps for moms and doesn’t compromise on quality.
- Comes with unclear instructions that make it somewhat difficult to operate.
5 best breast pumps for low milk supply, best breast pumps for moms, best breast pumps for new moms, best breast pumps to choose from